
This one's really great.
It tells a story.
You're not distracted by some sweet trick;
I included it though because you get a bit more personality from the subjects.

I had to use this image, he's in the air!

I had to use this image, he's in the air!
haha
I like this one because it not only shows what he's doing, but it also focuses on where he's doing it. This was an import aspect of my project. I wanted to tell everyone that we'll lug snow shovels and risk nasty slush slides if we want to ride a certain spot.


I liked this one because the silhouetted figure catches your eye with it's cool position then focuses on the figure of the bike and it's rider. In my humble opinion, the lines of a skinny hipster on his super clean track bike are pretty cool.


I liked this one because the silhouetted figure catches your eye with it's cool position then focuses on the figure of the bike and it's rider. In my humble opinion, the lines of a skinny hipster on his super clean track bike are pretty cool.
(that's a biased opinion of course)




For my final project I shot my friends and what they do with their free time. They bike...and bike, and bike. We are all obsessed. For this project I didn't want the all the images to be of some cool trick or my buddy haulin' tail down some steep hill; I wanted these images and, by extension this project, to show the viewers what my friends and I do. We certainly don't just do tricks and haul tail all the time...
For the majority of the shoots, we were filming for a movie as well. I really liked this. Sure, getting that sweet line down on video may have been a distraction from the assignment at hand, but it definitely kept me motivated. Not only that, but I shot some really interesting 'behind the scenes' images. What I love most about this project is that I am proud to present it to the public as is, but feel personally motivated to continue working on it for fun. I am very pleased with the end products.



No comments:
Post a Comment