For this project, I want to shoot something I'm interested in. I want to shoot something I'll care about. I want to give a shit. I've been reluctant to do this in other projects for this class as I did not want to do an injustice to a subject matter I love so; I didn't want it to be ruined by crappy photos from some punk in a beginning photo class.
Now I want to take that risk. I want to challenge myself for this project and picking something I love as the subject matter will do just that.
Biking. I love it. I bike all the time. I ride a fixed gear. That means it doesn't coast and the partuicular one I own doesn't have brakes either. It's lack of bakes and gears makes it simple. It's simplicity makes it aesthetically pleasing. The aesthetic pleasure it gives makes it hip. My bike is a hipster-mobile. I don't care. It may be trendy, It may be a bandwagon thing, I may be a brainless sheep, but I love it.
When I go for a ride, I ride in the city. Where else to ride a hipster-mobile? The gang of friends I hang out with is a professional loiterering crew as much as it is a hipster clicque. We can hang around some spots for hours just doing tricks, resting, working on bikes, talking... it's pathetic, but I love it. I love the atmosphere down there. Don't get me wrong, the wilderness is great but the city is where it's at.
Since the places I hang out are such an integrel part of the activity I love, I would like to photograph those as well. I want my audience to understand just why I waste my life on this silly little machine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm glad you give a shit. It shows in your photography.
ReplyDelete